Monday, July 8, 2013

Liesel pattern testing





I've read the blog Nap Time Crafters for awhile now.  Amy has cute patterns for sale in her shop Peek-A-Boo Patterns.  They're good patterns and are cheap compared to other pdf patterns you can find online.  But every Thursday she has a sale.  Normally she picks one pattern and sells it for $4 for one day.  That's a fabulous price for an online pdf pattern!!  I became a fan of the peek-a-boo pattern shop on facebook a month or so ago.  When she asked for pattern testers for a new dress pattern called the Liesel dress and tunic I volunteered (said I could do an 8, 10 or 12) and she picked me!! Amy asked me to test the dress option in a size 12 with long sleeves which works out perfectly as that's the size Emma wears and it's winter here {supposedly}.  I already had fabric and bias tape which was great so I didn't have to go shopping.  I printed out the pattern (only one page of pattern pieces so could have just printed one page) and got to cutting.  I'm not sure what I was thinking when I volunteered to make a dress at 37 weeks pregnant though. But it gave me a nice deadline to get a dress done for Emma (she's been asking for MONTHS).  I miscut the sleeves twice both totally my own fault though.   You can see in the sitting photos that the sleeves have a seam in them.  But truthfully the fabric is so busy that you don't really notice unless you go looking for it.  Anyway, it was a fun experience and Emma finally got her dress.  And I got a new pattern that ranges from size 3 months to size 12!  I might even volunteer to pattern test again sometime.  Just not anytime in the next few months.  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment