Friday, April 26, 2013

warm 'n cozy

 Here's another blanket for the baby.  I did applique all by myself for the first time!!  And binding too!! you can't really see the binding well but that's okay because it isn't that great.  So if you see it in person just ignore that, okay?  =)  


 And I finally made Nathan's quilt/blanket.  I bought the fabric in the States in 2010.  And now it's 2013.  {At least it was the end of 2010 and this is still the beginning of 2013 so technically it hasn't taken me as long that sounds.}  But anyway, the plan then was to make a quilt with all plaid blocks.  Kind of like this or this. But a couple months ago I found this fabulous, super super soft fleecy minky fabric in PLAID!!  So I bought 2 metres.  I already had the denim fabric on hand for a different project.  I couldn't decide whether to leave it as just denim on the front possibly with a plaid like quilting or put the plaid squares row on it. As you can see I put the pieced row on it and just did some straight line quilting.  I also used the same plaid fabrics to make a scrappy binding. {this binding turned out slightly better than the baby quilt.  but I'm definitely still a beginner and will probably get someone else to do the binding on my quilt if I ever get around to making it.}  I am so happy with how it turned out.  I love it.  I finished it last night after Nate was in bed so I put it over him while he was sleeping.  This morning I mentioned that I made something just for him.  He ran into his room and got it off his bed and was cuddling it.  He then gave me a big grin and a kiss.  I think he likes it too.  =)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment